Spring Orlando Trip - Dive Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BarryTX

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I will be making a trip to Orlando to visit the mouse over spring break 2010. I would like to sneak away for a 1 day dive and am looking for recommendations on what might be some good choices to consider. Any and all thoughts will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

You don't have to sneak away. You can dive the tank at Epcot. Epcot DiveQuest | Walt Disney World Resort
It's pricey, last I heard it was about $140. The few that I've known who have done this, said they enjoyed it. Also ignore that it says you have to pay for admission at EPCOT. After the dive they let you out inside the park.

Interesting idea, and thanks for it, but it seems.....well, wrong.... to come all the way to Florida and only see the Disney properties and none of the real state. As I recall it is about an hour or so from Orlando to the Atlantic coast, is there any dive over Cocoa Beach way that is worthwhile?

The Orlando area is kinda dead as far as diving. You can head north to the springs or southeast to the coast, basically Jupiter and below.

yes there are alot of really nice springs that have 100+ feet of viz. Nothing really in the coco area as far as diving. could go just south of coco to Vero beach area and do more beach dives then you can count. Alot of things to see there also. Vero beach area is partially famous for the treasures you can find that wash on shore.

I would suggest diving in the springs of Florida such as Ginnie Springs, Devil's Den, and maybe Rainbow River.

just got back from cocoa beach did a little homework and found out that there is no diving near there you have to go south on I95 about 120 miles to jupiter to do some dives off a boat or 75 mile south to fort pierce to do some great beach dives. i did them both and recomend eather but if i only had one the jupiter dive was like out of this world with all of the things that i saw i would do it again on both dives. if you post something on here u might even get someone to meet you on a beach dive, great diving. by the way it was my first seawater dive and i dove with jupiter dive center they were great and made it a breeze for a first timer.

I think Jupiter is the best bang for your buck if you're traveling. West Palm and Ft Laud are nice too, but further away. The springs are interesting, but really, unless I were cave diving, I certainly wouldn't drive the same distance to a spring as I would to the ocean.

You could also head west and dive in the gulf side. Tampa is not that far, and you could do a manatee swim, that's about the right time of year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom