Spring Megadive 2007 "Rum runners of the Caribbean"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any weekend is fine for me ...
But I agree with everyone leaning towards the April Timeframe...

Da Bean

KBeck:
Tao, one of these days you REALLY have to let us have a discussion with your wife about why diving can be fun for girls, too.

Apparently it's not fun for a claustrophobe. Beleive me I've tried talking her into it. All to no avail.

Hmmm, weekend of March 31st is nice, but we might be there kinda late.
Got two days of PhD qualification exams, last one is that friday,
so I'll be primed to kill some brain cells.

OMG, we aren't going to have to call you Dr. Matt anytime soon, are we?

And Krista, feel free to practice your delivery on my wife anytime.

Fool, are you going ot get there early Friday like you did last time? I'm going to try and get there about the same time myself. Not sure If I'll do any diving that early though. If I come alone I will have to set up camp by myself, and that'll surely cut into any fun time. Might try and fit in an afternoon dive as well as a night dive. But that all depends.

Loads of fun seeing a "happily hydrated" "Bors" today :)

Salam tells me an officer actually spoke to him, thinking he was quite intoxicated. He's a great diver and megadive organizer, but he's not much of a fighter. :wink:

Boorish behaviour from Bors? Banish the thought.

Mind you, I was far away and using a 50mm fixed focal length lense--these images have been cropped.

"But this is my square!"
"oh wait, that one was already empty!"

All said and done, it was a fun day, and very interesting to find not only Ken dives, but another person, Jared, also does. And a guy I've dived alot with was there in the morning. And to think, if I hadn't of been at the Faire helping film things, I would have tried to go diving!

The people blowing and eating fire or the people on stilts might have been more interesting to some, but Ken is more useful. The least intersting, least useful person I've seen in a while was a white nerdy looking guy who was called into a "Dance Off" with another attendee. Atleast the other guy could sort of dance, this very white guy tried to walk backwards and fell over.

^if you are the person who fell over while dancing backwards against the guy in roman garb....sorry? I'll assume you were drunk, how bout that? On that note, lets not have a dance off at the dive.

don't encourage him, people

next thing you know he'll start getting into character at the MegaDives and being real obnoxious and getting dru...

er...

never mind

Tao of the Dive:
Fool, are you going ot get there early Friday like you did last time? I'm going to try and get there about the same time myself. Not sure If I'll do any diving that early though. If I come alone I will have to set up camp by myself, and that'll surely cut into any fun time. Might try and fit in an afternoon dive as well as a night dive. But that all depends.

That is the plan at present (midmorning arrival on Friday).

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom