Spring Megadive 2007 "Rum runners of the Caribbean"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tao of the Dive

Rabid Otter Spotter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
First, this isn't the announcement, and I'm not organizing it. But I figured it might be time to start getting things and people together about it. I figured it was time, since I'm trying to plan a late spring vacation with my wife and kids, and had to figure out if there was going ot be a conflict, and how I may or may not need to allocate my time off. And If I'm planning like that, I'm sure alot of other people are, especially since we are going to be storming into prime dive season all too soon (Or not soon enough). So if anybody knows what rock Ken hides under during the winter, somebody go dig him up. Somebody go find Scubafool in the tent I'm sure he's zipstripped in. It's time to start planning a Megadive!

Well, the zipties used on my tent last night were industrial strength, or I would have been here sooner.

I got a PM from that darn wet canine (Ken) the other night. He mentioned the weekend of April 13th-15th. That potentaily could conflict with a trip to the great frozen north country that I might have to make. A weekend earlier in April would eliminate that possible problem.

I am thinking the same camping location that we have used the past two times, but reserving the pavilion this time. Luckily no one else had it reserved and Ginnie management was kind enough to wink wink nod nod let us use it this last time, and it sure came in handy during the rainstrom and as a general daytime gathering place.

So, Tao, are you volunteering to make the Rum Runners for everyone this time?

Concidering that I've never made a rum runner, you might not want to risk your palate. I just figured it was a nice play on words given the popularity of the movie and all...LoL. The pavillion sounds like a really good idea, no need in possibly risking it being unavailable when we know we could certainly use it. And that location right near 'Devils' was a perfect spot, I can think of no better. Easy access for the drift dives, and perfect for the cavers too. And it was sorta scenic on top of everything else. My big conflict for that weekend Ken mentioned was; It's the DW's birthday, and she has made it known that if I go diving that weekend ,it's alone, and the aloneness continues even after I return. So that weekend is really out for me too. I was thinking maybe March 30th, and 31st and April 1st. Should be well after the spring breakers, and it melds nicely into the fools day, April Fools day. Any thoughts?

Tao of the Dive:
I was thinking maybe March 30th, and 31st and April 1st. Should be well after the spring breakers, and it melds nicely into the fools day, April Fools day. Any thoughts?

i'm there, dude

just point me in the general direction of the booze and give me a shove

I think on the 13-15th, I'm on a field trip to Va.. But, I think I'm free last few days of march/first of April. I'll look at a calendar so I can know if I should be happy with the planning or if I should cry :)

H2Andy:
i'm there, dude

just point me in the general direction of the booze and give me a shove

Er , there's Alcohol at these things??? :confused:

Da Bean
AKA A non-shover...

Depending on a possible schedule conflict with a massive PhD qualification exam in late March
... I'm in, we're in, and if That Darn Rum Tote is still in my tow, it's in too.

Zits-mentos.gif

This Megadive brought to you by the letter R.

Last weekend in March works for us too (DynamiteT and myself). Plus I have about 6 different kinds of rum, plenty to keep a weekend interesting.

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom