Spring Break a time to avoid these areas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DakotaKid

Registered
Reaction score
Looking at ABR and El Cozumelino but based on my wifes job she may not be able to get time off until March 10th. If that is the case would we be better off going somewhere else? We would have to fly into and out of Cancun if we went to akumal whereas we could fly into and out of cozumel directly.

If these areas are not wize, is there somewhere else you would recommend?

Bonaire and Curacao seem to be off limits due to budget constraints

thanks

Don't worry, Akumal is not a big spring break destination. If you have a problem, it will be at immigration when you arrive. The delay in Cancun will be shorter than the ferry trip from COZ to Playa del Carmen. Relax, once you leave there, you are on vacation time!

Don't worry, Akumal is not a big spring break destination. If you have a problem, it will be at immigration when you arrive. The delay in Cancun will be shorter than the ferry trip from COZ to Playa del Carmen. Relax, once you leave there, you are on vacation time!

I agree. The main problem you are going to have will be at the airport. Renting a car might be tricky too.

I would have to agree that Akumal won't be a big spring break destination for the college crowd, but you may run into more families with grade school children in Akumal at that time of year.

It reminds me of the time I went to the Bahamas during spring break back in 2000. We just had a senior moment and simply did not think. It was a nightmare too.....so, now I'm gun shy going anywhere at that time of year.

And the really bad thing about it all is my dive buddy is a college professor, and yes.....he didn't think either. Too funny!

I would have to agree that Akumal won't be a big spring break destination for the college crowd, but you may run into more families with grade school children in Akumal at that time of year.
/QUOTE]

So I'm not going to have hundreds of topless chicks dancing on the bar when I am there in feb then??? darn :)

/QUOTE]

So I'm not going to have hundreds of topless chicks dancing on the bar when I am there in feb then??? darn :)

Diving with ZG?

I've been diving the caves in Akumal for 7 years now....and who has the energy to go to a bar in the evening? I'm lucky if I don't fall asleep in my dinner plate!!:coffee:

Diving with ZG?

I've been diving the caves in Akumal for 7 years now....and who has the energy to go to a bar in the evening? I'm lucky if I don't fall asleep in my dinner plate!!:coffee:

Yeah, through ZG (but not guided). Will just be my 2nd year but hooked already.
We closed down the "La Buena vida" bar next door 9 nights in a row in November, but I am not going to attempt that feat again! 4 cave dives per day after 6 hours sleep gets a bit much after a while...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom