Spring and shims for Sherwood 5100 Brut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Entropyman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have recently installed a service kit on a Sherwood 5100 Brut. The intermediate pressure (IP) is steady at 120 psi and the dry purge flow is good. The manual says that the IP should be 135-150 psi. I have searched the internet to try to find the shims and a new spring to change the IP but have only found a place in Australia (I'm in the U.S.). My LDS says that they do not sell parts. Any suggestions?

EM...

At 120 PSI your IP is too low for anything other than bailout/deco less than 60 ft...

You always want to check and record your IP prior to any dis-assembly...

Unless you're Sherwood reg service certified...you should not be servicing your regs...

There will likely be nothing wrong with the spring...you may need a second or even a third shim...

Suggest you take your reg set to an authorized Sherwood dealer...as continued dis-assembly...and re-assembly by you will inevitably damage your new service kit ''O'' ring set and may end up putting more than one ''impression'' in your HP seat...which will cause a HP leak that cannot be corrected without replacing the existing HP seat...

Dive Safe...

Warren...Certified Sherwood Reg Tech...

EM...

At 120 PSI your IP is too low for anything other than bailout/deco less than 60 ft...

You always want to check and record your IP prior to any dis-assembly...

Unless you're Sherwood reg service certified...you should not be servicing your regs...

There will likely be nothing wrong with the spring...you may need a second or even a third shim...

Suggest you take your reg set to an authorized Sherwood dealer...as continued dis-assembly...and re-assembly by you will inevitably damage your new service kit ''O'' ring set and may end up putting more than one ''impression'' in your HP seat...which will cause a HP leak that cannot be corrected without replacing the existing HP seat...

Dive Safe...

Warren...Certified Sherwood Reg Tech...
This is the DIY Forum.

I have recently installed a service kit on a Sherwood 5100 Brut. The intermediate pressure (IP) is steady at 120 psi and the dry purge flow is good. The manual says that the IP should be 135-150 psi. I have searched the internet to try to find the shims and a new spring to change the IP but have only found a place in Australia (I'm in the U.S.). My LDS says that they do not sell parts. Any suggestions?

I too have had no luck finding shims. Please post the source if and when you find them :)

If someone could post the thickness and diameter of the standard shims it would be easy to improvise something.

Thickness, ID, and OD should be easy enough. Does anyone know what material they're made from?

They look like nylon. I'll take it apart tonight to get measurements.

If they are Nylon you can probably find a suitable Nylon washer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom