Spotted a freshwater jellyfsh while diving Beaver Lake this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

digdug87

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
While diving with at Indian Creek camp ground this weekend I spotted a couple of freshwater jellyfish. These were the first I've seen this year. Of course I left the camera at home, so I didn't get any pictures. Has anyone else seen any this year?

SWEET! I still haven't found any but have heard of others seeing them. What depth were they at, how big were they?

I'd love to see those. Were you over by the day use area? Also, about what time of day were these seen? I have heard of people seeing them in evening and night dives before.

It was at the day use area. The first one was at about 18ft. The second one was at about 10ft. It was just before 10am in the morning. These jelly fish are a bit smaller than a pop bottle cap. I've got some pics from Mermit springs of some. I'll post later.

103 - Copy.jpg

2012 Mermit Springs

Here's a very short video I took during the same trip to Mermit Springs in 2012. It's not much, but it does give a quick look at one.

[video=youtube_share;o9ZKz477dfE]http://youtu.be/o9ZKz477dfE[/video]

Back
Top Bottom