Sportextreme.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NeoDiver

Reaction score
Hello All;

I recently purchased a pair of Cressi Gara 3000 free diving fin through a retailer called sportextreme.com
This turn out to be a very disappointing experience. The shipment arrived badly damaged so I called UPS to have it returned. I emailed sport extreme since that was my only mean of communication with these people, and never got an answer. UPS promptly picked up the goods for return but now I am left hanging with no information what so ever. My credit card was charged and I am really running out of options.
Obviously, I tried to save a few dollars ordering that way. I guess a few dollars more would have made the difference.

NeoDiver

The company is based in Denmark and there is a customer service address on the site. I have never used them, prefer Scubatoys, I accsess their site through a different server so I may be able to get some more info, If I can I'll post again. :wink:

call your credit card company and explain what happened. They should be able to refund your cost and then dispute it with the company.

i have ordered climbing gear through them in the past. i thought they had great customer service, and they always responded to my emails very thoroughly. sorry to hear about your poor experience...

Mr Mares:
The company is based in Denmark and there is a customer service address on the site. I have never used them, prefer Scubatoys, I accsess their site through a different server so I may be able to get some more info, If I can I'll post again. :wink:

Thanks Mr. Mares...

NeoDiver

I was about to buy a computer from these guys until i read this thread. Has anyone else had any other bad experiences with them? Anyone had any good experiences? Let me know how it works out Neo Diver.

Aussie Diver:
I was about to buy a computer from these guys until i read this thread. Has anyone else had any other bad experiences with them? Anyone had any good experiences? Let me know how it works out Neo Diver.

I recently bought gear from them (2 BCs plus weight pockets) and everything was delivered rapidly and without problems. I also got informational e-mails regarding the status of my order. No complaints on my part, but then nothing went wrong...

NeoDiver:
Hello All;

I recently purchased a pair of Cressi Gara 3000 free diving fin through a retailer called sportextreme.com
This turn out to be a very disappointing experience. The shipment arrived badly damaged so I called UPS to have it returned. I emailed sport extreme since that was my only mean of communication with these people, and never got an answer. UPS promptly picked up the goods for return but now I am left hanging with no information what so ever. My credit card was charged and I am really running out of options.
Obviously, I tried to save a few dollars ordering that way. I guess a few dollars more would have made the difference.

NeoDiver

I used them on a couple occasions (a while ago when dollar was strong)

Goods came via UPS, and one of the times the package arrived decimated. It contained Mares Abyss with the manual. Manual and cardboard box were almost literally ground into powder. Outer plastic shell with many holes and tape barely held the contents together. The reg itself had a few minor nicks and scratches, but nothing bad enough for me to bother returning it.

Another time, despite the fact that the custom duty was supposed to be taken care of by SportExtreme, I got a bill from UPS: About $2 – the duty, and about $10 – UPS processing fees. I emailed SportExtreme, and this issue was straightened out right away.

As of today Aug. 9th, after 7 e-mail attempts begging for a reply from Sportsextreme, I have yet to get a answer from these people. My next call will be to the credit card people and the BBB.

NeoDiver

You're not writing back to the address that says 'do not reply to this address' are you (i'm not meaning to insult your intellegence)? I've always used their web site which allows you to contact them, and they have always gotten back ASAP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom