sport hd ii software red filter/settings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rayaa3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Intova guys,

I'm trying to squeeze as much as I can out of the software red filter/diving mode. I find it adds so little red that I can only barely detect the difference on the surface.

A little about my setup - sport HD II, + galaxy 2500. I can even shoot with the galaxy at something 2 ft away - with diving mode on, and I dont' see a difference (I should see redish hues from the combo of light + software filter).

My settings (ISO, WB) are auto...my scene mode is diving.

Thanks for any guidance.

Ray

Well never mind she flooded on dive 9.

That was a bit sad.

Will reach out to the shop I bought it from for rma.

Who can tell. O ring lubed, careful to avoid fibers or contaminates where it seals. Im not too upset with the gear. Stuff like this happens. Though it is a first in 5 years of diving with a camera.

The real test of a vendor is what happens when things go wrong so we will see how the story ends.

From what people describe of intova I expect it will get replaced with little inconvenience. Fortunately I was downloading video nightly when recharging...no lost memories....just no more videos this week.

Aloha rayaslin,

Sorry to hear about your issue. To answer your first question: If you use the Galaxy you should not use any filter at all. Lightis the best way to get natural color. The electronic red filter will work best in water 20-40 feet. The external filter below 40 feet as it is darker. Again, Galaxy is best option.

Please contact us directly regarding the camera issue.
fatema@intova.net or 808-837-0074

Thanks Intova for the fast response. I would like to know the outcome.

it flooded as soon as I giant strided in...as near as I can tell...I giant strided in, started my descent, during my descent I usually setup my camera/strobe (in this case video light). I was descending maybe 6 ft down, turned on the camera screen flickered a few times and I knew I was in trouble...took about 3 seconds to see the water inside the camera.

I'll say this the overall quality of what I got was good.
rayaa3 - YouTube

I gave it to my dive shop to send it a week ago (scubatoys) I figured I would give it at least 2 weeks before I called them and asked how it was going.

Replacement camera arrived from my dive shop today. Thanks for taking care of it intova!

Back
Top Bottom