Sport Chalet To Cease Operations And Close All Locations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a pity. Sports Chalet was already long established back when I lived in SoCal in the late 70's. Of course that's ancient history; In those days there was only the original Trader Joes location in S.Pasadena.

I did a lot of shopping at the Trader Joes in South Pasadena while I was in medical school at USC and lived in Highland Park. I also used Sports Chalet, glad one of them is still in business.

That's a pity. Sports Chalet was already long established back when I lived in SoCal in the late 70's. Of course that's ancient history; In those days there was only the original Trader Joes location in S.Pasadena.

For me, it was the '80s, but I know what you mean. I spent a lot of time in Sport Chalet. Fond memories.

Yes, I am wistful about their closing. They got me started in diving back in 1990. Although not a real dive shop – for better and worse – the La Canada location was amazingly diverse, offering everything from instruction, equipment sales, boat trips and dive vacations, along with a pool in the store.

fnfalman, no need to feel bad for the dive charters. I have it on very good authority that when one of the dive charter operators was told SC was closing, their reaction was pretty joyful... because all the dates SC had booked in the summer were now available for them to book other divers.

Working with SC was not all wine and roses for the dive charter ops. They'll be fine without SC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom