Splits vs. paddles. Back to back comparison.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another person from the Charles Duell school of thinking.

I am all for change and innovative ideas that will improve diving but please try and convince me with a reasonable argument how any diver will benefit from having webbed gloves over to you i look forward to your constructive rebuttal

I am all for change and innovative ideas that will improve diving but please try and convince me with a reasonable argument how any diver will benefit from having webbed gloves over to you i look forward to your constructive rebuttal

I don't have to convince you. The only person I have to convince is myself. You can do without whatever equipment you choose and it won't bother me in the slightest.

You act as if the mere presence of the webbing on the gloves means that a diver who currently does not swim with his hands will suddenly change all his habits and flap his arms everywhere.

Ridiculous.

I have a very specific usage in mind for the webbed gloves from the other thread and, if they're only good for that one use, I have no problem with storing them in my BC pockets and wearing my reef gloves for the rest of the dive, during which, my hands will remain folded across my chest where they always are.

As far as equipment in this thread goes, I have previously used paddle and vented fins and currently have a set of TUSA splitfins and love them. Despite what Elan says, I have no trouble moving around in them and can keep pace with other divers' flutter kicks by doing nothing but flexing my ankles. If he has problem moving kilos, I suggest the idea of trying to move fewer of them.

attachment.php

I do not have to be contemplative, opinions are just opinions and I stand by mine until proved otherwise

The post I referenced (which was not yours) did not offer an opinion. It made a supposed statement of fact.

I do not have to be contemplative, opinions are just opinions and I stand by mine until proved otherwise

Yeah, stop stealing my thunder and try to keep on point!

(and just for the record, as Krenath figured out, I was just mimicing another person's post and passing it back at him)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom