Split Fins vs. Regular Fins

Split Fins or Regular Fins?

• Split Fins

Votes: 54 49.1%
  • Regular Fins

Votes: 56 50.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shotthebreeze

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys,

I've searched through the forum for this topic and was unable to find it. Can anyone give me the pros and cons of split fins? Does anyone prefer split fins over regular fins or vice verse? Thanks...

Well funny you didn't find anything about this, as it is one of the many classic debates here on SB, I use Twin Jet splits, but I do own a pair of Jet fins

I own a pair of Apollo split fins. Are they better than regular fins ??????? Maybe yes maybe not. Only thing I see is that I don't get leg cramps like I did with my Mares. And the kick is a littlebit shorter length. You kick from your knee instead of your whole leg. All the tests say that splits are better,,,,are they really???? I guess only you can be the judge on that one

Aeris Velocity's all around here.

They're not split but they think they are.

Pete

laserdoc:
All the tests say that splits are better...

What tests are you referring to?

Must be tests that didn't include frog kicking.

No splits for me. I have three pair of fins, all regular: Oceanic Vectors, Dive Rites and Turtles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom