Spirit of Freedom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove with them last May/June and had a great time. Lighthouse Bommie and Cod Hole are still two of my best ever dives. The boat is very comfortable and roomy. I didn't feel cooped up anytime because there was always some other area to hang out on the boat. The staff and guides were great too, all the dives were unguided though which added to the freedom aspect. The meals were gourmet, two breakfast (one light, one heavy (after diving), a lunch, an afternoon snack, and a delicious dinner with wine. The rooms were comfortable, air conditioned and cozy. I slept through the whole night, every night (must've been the dramamine). If budget is an issue, you should book when you get there and not ahead of time to save about $250 AUD. Out of all the live-aboards that go up north, Spirit of Freedom seemed to have the best value for money.

Coool, we were looking to go with either Taka or Spirit of Freedom but Spirit seems a little less backpackerish.

BTW, what do you do for a living that you can move around from Guam to the USA to Aus and NZ!! Lucky you!

My husband and I are going to Australia at the end of June, but we will probably campervan for a week and then get on the boat, around second week of July. We have to get our regs serviced first. Everyone says not to book ahead to get the best price so hopefully we get on! Too bad we'll have just missed you all.

Ah, too bad we'll be arriving in Cairns June 24th, and on the Spirit of Freedom from June 28 to July 5. Spending a week camping at Ayers Rock/Alice Springs and back in Cairns July 11 to the 18th. Guess we will just miss you.

h3o:
I dove with them last May/June and had a great time. Lighthouse Bommie and Cod Hole are still two of my best ever dives. The boat is very comfortable and roomy. I didn't feel cooped up anytime because there was always some other area to hang out on the boat. The staff and guides were great too, all the dives were unguided though which added to the freedom aspect. The meals were gourmet, two breakfast (one light, one heavy (after diving), a lunch, an afternoon snack, and a delicious dinner with wine. The rooms were comfortable, air conditioned and cozy. I slept through the whole night, every night (must've been the dramamine). If budget is an issue, you should book when you get there and not ahead of time to save about $250 AUD. Out of all the live-aboards that go up north, Spirit of Freedom seemed to have the best value for money.
Hi I am looking to go to Indonesia for great diving . I live in Fairfax and was wondering if I could get some info from you on Guam and other localities close to Guam Kevin

Well, Indonesia is not exactly in the area of Guam... Guam is part of Micronesia. But if that's what you meant, sure, send me a pm or email me at gus@createasaurus.com

I dove in Indonesia a few months back (off Bali). It wasn't too great, so I'm hoping that Australia will be better. The water where I was gave me a horrible itch, so that I spent all my time under water just trying to scratch everywhere (even though I knew I shouldn't scratch, I couldn't help it!). Then of course I was itchy all day!

Back
Top Bottom