Spinner/BC compatability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pepper60

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Will a Spinner Knife fit on the OceanPro BC, I know there are no grommets on the pockets and was wondering if you just had to make a place through a pocket to attach the sheath. I would rather not force it through the fabric. Anybody have a suggestion.

Go to a cobbler, they will install grommets for a reasonable price and do it correctly. I'm looking at having some grommets installed in my DR transweight pouches so I can mount my spinner knives.

Thanks terrillja, I'll file that away. I was hoping to get a response from one of the corp reps seeing how a lot of people have been having trouble with Spinners on BC's they ARE made for.

Thanks terrillja, I'll file that away. I was hoping to get a response from one of the corp reps seeing how a lot of people have been having trouble with Spinners on BC's they ARE made for.
I never had any issues with the spinner knives on my Probe Lx, but I just switched to a bpw, so I am trying to figure out how to make it everything I want it to be.

Mine is an Ocean Pro, no holes, no grommets. So I was hoping the Corp. Rep. would have some ideas about how to attach the sheath and knife placement locations.

Well.... They aren't made for the OceanPro BC. So, there really isn't an good answer which will come from Oceanic, since the OceanPro was never intended for the spinner knives. You could attach them to the shoulder straps or install grommets in the BC pockets, but Oceanic can't tell you how to attach something perfectly to a BC that was not designed for it. The BC comparison chart clearly states that there is no mount on the OceanPro for the spinner knife.

The chart:
Oceanic Worldwide - Scuba Diving Buoyancy Compensators - OceanPro

FWIW, I went to a cobbler last week and it was $10 for 4 grommets to be added to my transweight pouches. YMMV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom