Spiegel Grove recently....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zaixon

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So i just dove Spiegel Grove which I have been on many times. Who monitors the entrance and exits of this wreck? and most importantly who has chained off some of the entry/exit points. This is a huge hazard. I was coming up from one of the lower decks to find I was trapped because one of the exit points was chained shut. I went back the way I had came and found a chain with a lock on it on the outside hatch. This is a huge danger and should be removed before it gets someone trapped and hurt. Well i'm just looking for who would do something so stupid as to chain shut exit points. thank you

Where was this on the ship?

Stern section, port side is chained shut. you should be able to traverse from starboard to port under the main deck. Also one of the hatches mid ship on port side was chained shut that is usually open, I tried to open it and just got angry that I came across a 2nd hatch that was like this. the engine room hatch was also shut but i was able to open it. These are all exit points and should not be chained, it be comes a huge hazard.

Oh hey Jimmy, we dove in passing a few times at PDC I believe.

Let me ping my peeps and see whats going on. Sounds like the scuba police are out :)

who would have the authority to do something like that?

I heard they did that so that people can't get to the remaining china closets.

Wait nevermind that was the Andrea Doria

I heard they did that so that people can't get to the remaining china closets.

Wait nevermind that was the Andrea Doria

I was going to ask if there was a sign saying "Closed for Inventory. Please Use Alternate Entrance. Thank you. Crew and Patrons of Seeker." or something along those lines.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom