Wanted SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBFG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Looking for a 2” SPG in PSI, prefer black.
I’m located in Canada.

Anyone on scubaboard got one for sell?

Yes I know where to buy them online and the one a few post below is gone.

Thanks!

The mini Cressi's from Leisure pro are a very reasonable $39 delivered, and it's unlikely you'll find a decent used one any cheaper (though you might check with Omar at onemorechancescuba, on ebay. I recently got a older but very clean Italian-made Tusa brass/glass SPG from him for $27 delivered.) But, I'm not familiar with how customs will screw it up for you, and reports are mixed on them (the Cressi) having a glass or plastic lens. Still, at $39 delivered, brand new, that's as good as I've run across.
And by the way, it's "for sale", not "for sell". :rofl3:

Last edited:
Looking for a 2” SPG in PSI, prefer black.
I’m located in Canada.

Anyone on scubaboard got one for sell?

Yes I know where to buy them online and the one a few post below is gone.

Thanks!

Honestly, unless you’re able to find one in Canada, the cost of shipping and foreign exchange and potential duties will wipe out all you’re going to save going the “used” route.

Best bet is to find a new cheap one online in Canada.

I would second Omar at onemorechance scuba. Don't they have NAFTA in Canada?

Not for long if the negotiations continue like the way they’re going...

Canadians still pay HST and duties on many things they import above CAD $20. It’s not always you get dinged, but it happens.

I bought regs from the US recently and got dinged several hundred dollars.

Not for long if the negotiations continue like the way they’re going...

Canadians still pay HST and duties on many things they import above CAD $20. It’s not always you get dinged, but it happens.

I bought regs from the US recently and got dinged several hundred dollars.

What if you buy stuff while in Mexico? Us Americans can bring back up to $800 worth of "souvenirs" without having to pay duties.

BTW @Mark IV, that grammar error was intentional :wink:

What if you buy stuff while in Mexico? Us Americans can bring back up to $800 worth of "souvenirs" without having to pay duties.

Yup, CAD$800 after 48 hrs abroad, and lesser amounts if away for less time.

Are you sure about the $800 exemption for Americans? That’s the first time I ever heard that Americans had to pay import duties! I looked it up. Yes, Americans are liable for import duties, but I’m curious why I’ve never heard Americans complain about it like us Canadians or those from the UK?

Sorry OP, this is so off-topic.

Last edited:
Here's a link for US Customs but it doesn't specify Mexico on the page under the $800 category, but I remember it as being such. Not that they seem to be paying much attention to that lately. On my last two trips they didn't even collect the Customs Form.

Duty- free exemption

Do you think if someone shipped you a SPG from Ontario they would notice it's California, not Canada? :wink:

Your obvious solution would be to go to Cozumel and pick one up there. :)

Here's a link for US Customs but it doesn't specify Mexico on the page under the $800 category, but I remember it as being such. Not that they seem to be paying much attention to that lately. On my last two trips they didn't even collect the Customs Form.

Duty- free exemption

Do you think if someone shipped you a SPG from Ontario they would notice it's California, not Canada? :wink:

Your obvious solution would be to go to Cozumel and pick one up there. :)

Hahaha, I dunno what to say...:D

I heard dive equipment was expensive in Coz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom