SPG on the PONY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have seen short hose/guage, and also a mini guage that just screws into the HP port. I haven't decided which to use yet.

I use a short hose (maybe 15cm) and pressure guage (don't know if you classify that as a mini guage) which I bungee in with the reg.

seems to do the trick.....

I use the peanut gauge on my pony, and a bungeed regular spg on stages.
Frankly the main reason I do it that way is because that's the gear I've accumulated over the years - I don't really see any problem in using the peanut gauge everywhere, now that you mention it.
Rick

I don't use a pony for redundancy, as I don't particulary care for that reasoning. That said, I do use stages/deco bottles on which I use a pressure guage on a 6" hose (rigged as GUE shows). I have one of those little screw in pressure guages and find them difficult to read. I have mine on my argon reg so I can tell if it's full before I dive.

Mike

a mini guage that is screwed into a port. I verify it before using it for diving.

Like Lost Yooper I use a *regular* sized SPG on a 6" hose
for deco bottles and a *bullet* gauge on my argon reg.

I do what DivingGal does. ON A PONY these little gages are accurate, tough, and there are several less failure points than with a hosed SPG. (Plus they're cheaper!) Like she said, verify it before the dive and hit it.
Chances are, if you actually need the pony, you aren't going to be checking the gage anyway, as this is a bailout situation. If it's used ON A STAGE, it's easy to read, it's out of harm's way, there are SEVERAL less failure points, and one less bungee. JMO
Norm

I have a 'regular' SPG on a short 6" hose. The small button gauges are hard for me to see and the dive shop had this short hose sitting around unused! Reg on a 4ft. hose is bungeed to the pony.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom