SPG on Pony Bottle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Button gauge on mine I check full on the boat.

Underwater I could read it but checking wouldnt increase the amount of gas in the tank so barring a leak I dont worry about having to unclip the tank to check it while using it.

When I dive single tank, I use a back mount 40. No gauge. I check the pressure prior to mounting the reg. I really don't need to know what is in the tank if I have to resort to it. The dive is over and I am heading up. I also don't dive single tanks deeper than 70 or 80 ft. I see a button gauge as a potential failure point and not really needed on a bailout. Theory is not much different than 1 gauge on doubles.

I use an spg, a button gauge, and a wireless pod.

Just kidding. Button gauge, and for some bizarre reason I can read it when the tank is clipped.

Button. I want to know that it's full before I dive

SPG on a 6 inch hose on my slung pony, and it's my much preferred method.

When it was back-mounted, the SPG was on a long hose clipped to my left D-ring, and the reg was on a bungied necklace.

Button on mine, mainly I don’t have a spare spg and 6” hose around at the moment. I check it during gearing up, breathe off it for a few moments under water and glance at itoccasionally through the dive to see that it’s not in the red.

Hi OP,

I use button gauges. My ponies (which ever one I am using at the time) is turned off while diving. No need to have easy access to the gauges while u/w. If you see me on my pony (for real, not practice ascent) I am going directly to the surface with whatever is left in the pony. No need to check pressure.

markm

Button gauge. I only want to see it's full before I enter the water so I know that it's ready if I ever need to use it, and that would be to get to the surface.

S

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom