SPG needle dip while purging xStream 2nd stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corey Zhao

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone,
I would like to ask if it is normal: My SPG needle dip significantly while I purge my xStream 2nd stage. I use a 11L AL tank, DIN connector, 150 Bar air left, purge on land, needle dip from 150 to 50 but back to 150 quickly. I know Poseidon Reg has very strong purge, but is my regulator works normally?
Sorry I am not a native English speaker :)

Not sure but that doesn't sound right. @tbone1004 dives xstream so maybe he can give some input.

Sounds like a valve isn't all the way open, does this happen on all tanks?

Possibly check the filter at the inlet of the first stage - is it a DIN or INT ?

I would plug a LP gauge into the inflator and see how that responds. If the reg seems OK, there may be a tiny bit of corrosion somewhere between the regulator and the pressure guage, there are some very small orifices that could be partially blocked.

If the filter is OK, I would be suspicious of abnormally large HP orifices in the 1st stage and HP hose.

Possibly check the filter at the inlet of the first stage - is it a DIN or INT ?
Hi Alastor, there are DIN tank and DIN 1st stage

OK problem solved! The tank was not fully opened...
Thank you all~!
Good stuff. Thats why its advised to watch the SPG when breathing regs before diving, to avoid exactly this issue. Enjoy the regs!

@RainPilot sorry for delay, I do not dive xStreams, but the first suggestion was to make sure the valve was all the way open because that is not normal behavior for any regulator

Aha. I know you dive Poseidon I must have just assumed xstream. You dive Jetstream?

Back
Top Bottom