SPG hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyboy08

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
so I opened up my tank valve and the oring on my New SPG went fubar! Took me a minute to realize where the rush of air was coming from and if it was coming from my kit! It was! I’m proud to say, my save a Dive kit full of different size orings, grease and oring tool made me look like I knew what I was doing. Three minutes in, I was good to go!

A few dives later, I notice a small amount of bubbles coming out of the fitting again, but this time from where the swivel connects to the hose. Well, that ain’t fixable....not that there was a lot of bubbles, but I do want to replace the hose.

What’s the current opinion on a SPG hose? It just has a psi gauge on the end.....miflex or braided? Its 33” long.

I am transitioning back to rubber as I need to replace hoses. Something is just not right with these wrapped hoses....

is it leaking from the swivel (metal-metal) or from the crimp (metal-rubber)?

double check it's not the spool leaking.

is it leaking from the swivel (metal-metal) or from the crimp (metal-rubber)?

double check it's not the spool leaking.
Metal/rubber. I placed a new spool in before the Dive trip last week....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom