Specialty Course Manuals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trever

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is there any place on line or brick and mortar to by PADI or SSI specialty course manuals cheap or atleast reasonable? (Navigation, Stress and Rescue, Boat Diving, etc...) There is a training facility close by that has reasonable prices on classes but they seem pretty spendy on the classroom materials.

WOW I would say that is reasonable

Of course a risk with buying used or discount manuals is that they might not be the latest edition. This could be a problem if you are using them for class since assignments (among other things) might have changed.

knotical:
Of course a risk with buying used or discount manuals is that they might not be the latest edition. This could be a problem if you are using them for class since assignments (among other things) might have changed.

Yeah I know the wrong edition will screw ya.

For a buck and a half plus shipping, what have you got to lose? Oh, that's right, about five bucks<G>.

There is an ebay shop I have seen posted on here several times that has almost all the PADI books, I want to say up to divemaster. I couldnt tell you the store right now, but Im sure someone on here knows it, or you can try to search Ebay. They were all new, and current, so you wouldnt have to worry about that issue. I want to say specialties ran about 30 a piece or so, maybe less. Id recommend lookign there before buying books you arent sure about date and completeness.

utdivermatt:
There is an ebay shop I have seen posted on here several times that has almost all the PADI books, I want to say up to divemaster. I couldnt tell you the store right now, but Im sure someone on here knows it, or you can try to search Ebay. They were all new, and current, so you wouldnt have to worry about that issue. I want to say specialties ran about 30 a piece or so, maybe less. Id recommend lookign there before buying books you arent sure about date and completeness.
I found the Ebay shop looks pretty good. He has lots of positive feedback.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom