specialties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hydroslyder

Registered
Reaction score
I am just about done with my PADI AOW Class, and after a little while I am gonna be looking for specialties to complete. I would like to eventually get to padi master diver, and then move on to some more technical aspects of diving from more advanced certification agencies, but for the time being I was wondering which specialties people have done, and what was most beneficial to their diving, and if you are a tec diver, which specialties do you recommend to get leading up to some of the more advanced diving.

Thanks

You don't really need any specialties to take tech classes. Nitrox and drysuit are the most useful ones I can think of. Rescue might be nice, but it's not required.

Thanks for your reply, but I would personally like to get the specialties just because I want the divemaster rating so that I could possibly be the mate on a dive boat, and to do that I need the 5 specialties. This is kind of a ways away, because you need at least 50 dives, i have like 1/8 of that, but it never hurts to plan. So any other feedback on the original question.

Thanks again everybody

hydroslyder once bubbled...
Thanks for your reply, but I would personally like to get the specialties just because I want the divemaster rating so that I could possibly be the mate on a dive boat, and to do that I need the 5 specialties. This is kind of a ways away, because you need at least 50 dives, i have like 1/8 of that, but it never hurts to plan. So any other feedback on the original question.

Thanks again everybody
"Master Diver" and "Divemaster" are two totally seperate things - Master Diver is AOW, Rescue, and 5 specialties - purely a non-professional level, whereas Divemaster is a seperate course designed for assisting with diver education, allowing you to assist with open water courses, etc, and a pre-requisite for instructor training (in general).

A PADI Master Diver rating will not get you a job on a dive boat.

Yeah I know this my mind left me for a little while, they both have just about the same requirements, divemaster does not need the 5 specialties, or the 50 dives it needs 20, and you have to be 18 to be a divemaster, sorry for the mix up. I would actually like to get both ratings, master diver while im still under 18, and divemaster when I turn 18.

Sorry again, and any other suggestions are always, appreciated.

Thanks

Northeastwrecks, just wonderin which agencys masterdiver rating were you reffering to because it seems a lot different from PADIs, but anyway thanks for the info.

there i go again, i meant divemaster, which agency were you talking about for the divemaster rating because it seemed a lot different from padis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom