speargun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Material and approx size you want would help alot. I got mine for i think 215 brand new

JBL Woody Magnum Speargun Mahogany #6W46 at Divers-Supply.com

works great, the 3 bands is a little overkill at times usually if im not going after something crazy and just shooting snapper and smaller grouper i load 2 bands and flip the one around. Be carefull with buying used because if the shaft is bent, needs a head, or new bands figure 20 for head, 50ish for shft, and 7 a band so you could end up around the 200 that gun is plus the wear and tear on the parts that can cause the actual gun to become ruined

and 20 for the head/ 7 per band are really good prices

ill let you know in a couple days if im selling my gun cuz i might get another

if i sell mine its be fairly cheap

thats just what i noticed down here for prices, but depending on the gun if its just the gun, shaft and lanyard, for 2 bands and head your looking at 34+tax in fixing it so that would leave his 100 budget at only 66 bucks which is almost laughable to some people (I know because i ran into that with the sawed off magnum which was the cheapest used gun i could find down here) because everyone thinks they have a gold mine and if he pays 100 for a gun that stripped would be looking at about 134 which another 80 bucks he can get an awsome gun for starting out with brand new.

If you go to FAU check out their dive club, some people may go diving with you and loan you their gun here and there so you can see if you like Pnumatic vs band and wood vs metal. I might try a few shore dives and i have an extra gun so K.I.T and if we can get our scheds to line up Ill loan you mine for during the dive.

also spearboard is good for spearfishing needs

hey i might be getting a lot of scuba gear soon and it has a dacor stingray in it, good gun, older gun, but i used mine for about a year and it was dependable

if its in good shape il let you know and il sell it for cheap...(50$)sound good? shipping would be around 12 bucks to florida (thats where i sent my last one)
and for 15 more il included my 20ft coil line that cost me 38$
and for 10 more il include a yellow band for it
thatd be 75 for a complete gun plus shipping

I havent seen the gun yet so il let you know if its worth messing with or not

let me know if you want it, that will play a part in how much i pay for that gear lot
-me

Back
Top Bottom