speargun I can barrow?????????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poomero

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone have a speargun I can barrow. I am doing a boat dive on the 22nd in Monterey for Halibut and need a gun. I am going to buy one but I cant do it until after the trip. Please let me know and thanks.

You might want to try Speaboard.com instead of scubaboard.com. You might have better luck. However, I have noticed that the spearos are quite attached to their fins and spearguns. I'm shocked that some are close or north of $1000.00.

I would not want to be liable for someone's expensive spear gun. Unless you stone a large halibut, it make swim away with the gun. Also, be sure to notify your intentions to the boat crew before the trip. The boat may travel to areas where fishing is not permitted.

Out of curiosity, what gun do you plan on purchasing and what do you intend to hunt?

I've got a couple of pneumatics, if you'd like to use one of those. Longest is maybe 27". PM me if interested.

The dive is set up to be a halibut fishing trip. It's not a regular boat dive.

OUVEA - I am looking at a Mako because the customer service is amazing from what I have read. I am looking at the predator in a 80cm for rock fish and halibut.

Hi Poomero:

I have the Mako Predator 2G in a 90cm. Yup, their customer service is outstanding. I also have a pair of their fins. I was shocked (in a good way) at the efficiency of their less expensive plastic fins. Have a pair of their fiberglass fins as well, which have become my favorites.

If you have never loaded a speargun, I would request slightly longer bands (just an inch makes a big difference). Also get the butt pad and the protective cap for the tip of the spear (but you can use anything to protect the tip). PM me if you want to hunt. I would love to revisit Garrapata State Park (conditions have to be right). Got the gun, wetsuit, fins, stringer and a float line.

O.

not being a jerk, but since you don't know how to spell BORROW, i don't think i would lend you an expensive piece of gear that you could kill yourself or someone else with....
well, i might be a little bit if a jerk.....lol

hahaha. Good call. I didn't even catch that.

---------- Post added June 5th, 2013 at 03:52 PM ----------

Hi Poomero:

I have the Mako Predator 2G in a 90cm. Yup, their customer service is outstanding. I also have a pair of their fins. I was shocked (in a good way) at the efficiency of their less expensive plastic fins. Have a pair of their fiberglass fins as well, which have become my favorites.

If you have never loaded a speargun, I would request slightly longer bands (just an inch makes a big difference). Also get the butt pad and the protective cap for the tip of the spear (but you can use anything to protect the tip). PM me if you want to hunt. I would love to revisit Garrapata State Park (conditions have to be right). Got the gun, wetsuit, fins, stringer and a float line.

O.

I have used a few guns before and got a few rock fish with them. I just never had the need to buy one so I would use people’s guns I was diving with. Now I want to go hunting more so I am looking to buy one. Everyone I know whit a gun is going on this trip with me though so I don't have a gun for it. hahaha. Sucks but I will figure it out. Spoolin01 said he will let me use one so I should be good if it all works out.

If not I guess I will be charging the card and just paying it off.

I just got engaged so I am saving for a wedding now or I would just go buy one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom