Spearfishing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, I am pretty new to SCUBA diving and spearfishing. I learned while I was in school and Alabama and I love it. I would love to do some spearfishing back home in New York . Does anyone know of any good spearfishing boats I might be able to get onto?

I know captain mikes dive shop on city island told me they do weekly trips but I’m sure if you go to your local dive shop they can direct you best.

Hello, I am pretty new to SCUBA diving and spearfishing. I learned while I was in school and Alabama and I love it. I would love to do some spearfishing back home in New York . Does anyone know of any good spearfishing boats I might be able to get onto?
Not a lot of spearfishing in LI sound due to poor visibility . Site capt Mike goes to really not suitable for spearing. When I was into it , Newport Rhode Island was the local site for a few of us, we used 14' -15' zodiac boats with 35-50 hp engines. No tanks, just free dive for dinner. Can try calling a local dive boat out of Freeport LI , Tempest, and see if the capt allows it.

Back
Top Bottom