Spearfishing in Michigan???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbalmr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey guys,
Im moving back to Michigan in July and was wondering if anyone knew if there were any regulations on spearfishing on the inland lakes? I am just getting started spearfishing and didn't know if anyone knew about it or not. I would appreciate any input one might have. Thanks

You could try here. Site is pretty hard to navigate. I could not find anything specifically prohibiting it but nothing to say it is legal either. I did not get real into it but best bet is just give DNR a call.

You could try here. Site is pretty hard to navigate. I could not find anything specifically prohibiting it but nothing to say it is legal either. I did not get real into it but best bet is just give DNR a call.

not sure what site you are referring to but I looked at the michigan DNR site and couldn't find much. I was planning on visiting my local dnr office or calling when I got back and settled in. Thanks though,:D

well my story is the same as OP, I move back state side after this tour of duty to the great state of michigan. Alpena specifically) According to the rules and regs it seems to only really mention bow fishing with lights and stuff. Out here I use my spear rod and get to pick what I want for dinner. It is so much fun chasing down that fish in the water closing in quickly (I have some pretty good fins) and cocking my three pronger back and surfacing with my dinner : ) Here in Hawaii though the only regulations are on inland fresh water fish. they have certain species like lobster and crab and turtles protected. (you can take lobster and crab certain times a year) Other than that, if that moi or kaa'la go for it. Mind you most people take only what the need, then there are those idiots who over kill and are not very choosy on the size of their food and thats why Hawaii is prolly gonna regulate eventually. I'll see if I am able to post pics today of when I go of what hawaii has to offer in the shallows of haleiwa : )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom