Spear Fishing Class and Hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FloridaMan

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a dive shop that does spear fishing classes that takes you out and guides you on a hunt? I want to get into spearfishing, but would like to have someone teach me the ins and outs and guide me on a hunt or two. I would be diving on a tank. I am located on the treasure coast, but could drive to Jupiter or West Palm. Thanks

In the past Force-E has held workshops on spearfishing. I'm sure they could also set you up with an experienced guide for your first dive. This month is Spearfishing Month at Force-E. They have an upcoming Facebook Live Spearfishing webinar.

Force-E Scuba Diving Centers of South Florida - Since 1976

Another option in Starfish in Boynton. A couple of their instructors (Renn & Adam the owner) are also spearfishermen. They may be willing to run a workshop/guided dive for you.

South Florida Scuba Diving Charters - Starfish Scuba - 561-212-2954

Does anyone know of a dive shop that does spear fishing classes that takes you out and guides you on a hunt? I want to get into spearfishing, but would like to have someone teach me the ins and outs and guide me on a hunt or two. I would be diving on a tank. I am located on the treasure coast, but could drive to Jupiter or West Palm. Thanks
What Jim said below. I’m sure you could get someone to do a full class, but it’s really not necessary.

In the past Force-E has held workshops on spearfishing. I'm sure they could also set you up with an experienced guide for your first dive. This month is Spearfishing Month at Force-E. They have an upcoming Facebook Live Spearfishing webinar.
This is a good idea. When I first started, I attended a couple seminars (pre-COVID) put on by Kevin Bruington. Kevin is the owner of Spearfishing Specialties, manufacturer of Ocean Rhino. Before shifting into manufacturing, he spent 20 years or so as a commercial spearo. He used to travel all over the state for seminars, but probably not right now.

Another idea is to see if you can get ahold of the video called “The Barebones of Spearfishing.” Kevin is one of the experts in that video.

Then watch lots of videos of Spearfishing. Especially in your area. That will mainly help you with fish ID, and also typical behaviors of certain species.

I just saw this. Monthly Force-E hunting trips.

Hunting Trip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom