Wanted SpareAir x2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maniago

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Need them for potential water landing (ie ditching) in my 2 pax airplane, which is guaranteed to invert on the crash. Tell me what you have; 1.7cu 3000psi units are preferred, tho I wont pass up a good deal. Requisite fill attachments included please..

Hope you never have to use them when you find one.

I have a 3cf version it has been stored at low pressure.
15540030305126784542357259102612.jpg

I do have the yoke fill adapter squirreled away and would include that.

Shoot me a pm with an offer if interested.

Have you thought about slinging an AL40 or better an AL80, sidemount, or even better doubles??
:popcorn:
Sorry, I couldn't resist... :)
I don't get the humor since the OP is asking a serious question.

I chuckled....

He's shopping for a used "spare air" for his for his airplane....................it's hilarious....

He's shopping for a used "spare air" for his for his airplane....................it's hilarious....
Oh! I get it now.

Need them for potential water landing (ie ditching) in my 2 pax airplane, which is guaranteed to invert on the crash.

Is that Guarantee, like, a selling point?

... Tell me what you have....

I have 2 older spare-airs pictured below. #A is a 2.7 cuft, button gauge, 3000psi. #B is a 3.0 cuft, dial gauge, 3000psi. These units are about 15 years old and MUST be sent back to the Slater Ave factory for both regulator service and hydro testing update before any use since this is life support equipment and could cause death or injury to the responsible buyer.

A direct new spare-air is $350, and used dive gear starts at half off msrp. The factory charges $55 for overhaul and an additional $25 for hydro. All that totals down to $95 each unit or $190 for both and I'll pay the ground shipping to conus buyer for both together.

Both units are out of warranty and sold as it. Refund of purchase price only given if Submersible Systems(SS) rejects or fails unit(s) with printed original SS inspection documentation and upon all components Orlando arrival returned with ppd shipping within 3 mths after original sale.

I was going sell them local, just didn't get around to it. There are plenty of used Spare-airs on the internet for sale, so if this 2 unit package isn't what you are looking for, it's not a problem.
20190331_172558.jpg

20190331_172633.jpg

20190331_172652.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom