Spanish Coins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saltydog!

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone know any charters where a person can pay to search for coins. I know these places are probably very picked over but I’ve always wanted to find my own piece of eight.

I'm pretty sire you don't get to keep anything you find while diving for the Fisher's since they sell a lot of it to fund their newer searches.

One of their specials showed investors getting to select among some of the items found. As an investor - you can dive with them to look.

There are boats that work the 1715 fleet off of FL Treasure Coast, They have blowers that make holes in the sand 8-10 foot deep, they have the best metal detectors and divers putting in 8 hour days for a 3-4 month field season, once in awhile they find a coin, once in awhile someone find millions in gold coins. Expecting to dive on a wreck for a week or so, and finding a coin is a pretty slim chance.

Treasure divers get their cut off the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom