SP S-wing poppet, Balance Chamber and o-ring set on eBay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishcopR131

Registered
Reaction score
For those of us who have the R109 Adjustable or 156 BA and want to upgrade to the S-wing poppet, there's a seller on eBay that has a kit with the S-wing poppet, Balance Chamber and O-ring (Link here Scubapro Repair Kit X650 New 11650041 x 650 11 650 041 | eBay ) but doesn't have the G250/G200 spring for the full conversion. I emailed her and she agreed to sell me 2 at a lower price than she has it listed. Don't know if this could work for anyone else, but thought I'd pass it along.
BTW, anyone know where I can get a couple of the plastic diaphragm disc's that go onto the center in the diaphragm for these reg's? I have 2 new diaphragms but they didn't come with the discs, it's p/n 11-109-23 in the schematics.

awap, the package says its a x650 repair kit, but the parts don't match up. I think if you look at the picture of the contents you'll agree. I think the 3 parts got put in a convenient leftover package and then no one wrote or put on a corrected label. The poppet is the standard S-wing poppet (p/n 11-250-2020) now in the SP regs. I checked the schematics and the part # is the same on all I looked at. I can't find a schematic for the X650 so can't confirm it uses the same poppet as the rest. I'll confirm it when I get mine in. They're going in a 156BA and a 109.

Thanks awap! If it IS a x650 poppet I guess I'll have a couple available if anyone needs one! I just knew the kit pictured doesn't have all the items it should have and it looked like a conversion kit for a 109 to a 156. When I get it I'll know either way. Glad you're out there keeping watch!!

As AWAP notes the X650 (and for that matter the A700) uses a poppet that is similar to the S-wing poppet used in the S600, S555, G250V, G250, G250HP, G500, and G200B but it is shorter and has a different lever engagement.

Another caution is needed on the G250V/G250/R156 spring. Since none of those regs have the micro adjust feature Scubapro uses on their other balanced regs, the spring for those three are actually different even though they look the same. The difference is in the quality assurance process as the springs for those regs are selected to meet much tighter QA standards to ensure the reg meets the required inhalation effort standards.

In short you can use a spring for another reg, but peak performance will be something of a crap shoot.

Thanks Guys. I got the parts today and awap and DA Aquamaster are exactly right. The 2 kits I purchased are ONLY for the X650 and contain the poppet, balance chamber and one O-ring, the kit chart enclosed only shows those parts as opposed to the older list I had that showed many more. I thought I was so smart, and now I know better thanks to experience and two much more knowledgeable members of ScubaBoard! So, I can't use'em so I'll post'em on the "For Sale or Trade" unless some one here wants them. I paid $25 per kit and will let them go for that or will gladly trade for the correct S-wing poppets that will fit the 156BA/R109s I'm servicing.

Send me a PM and I'll swap poppets with you. I have lots of the S-wing poppets.

Thanks, DA. PM sent

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom