SP MK16 Combo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Concept11

Registered
Reaction score
Why is it rare to see the Scubapro MK16 first stage pair up with the top line s600 second? You see only the 550 and the 380 second paired with it but not the 600. Just a general observation. Thanks for your comments in advance.

I think you'll find the shops and ScubaPro push the mk25. Mk16 is diaphram and mk25 is bal. piston. I have one of each and can't tell the difference. I don't wonder if there isn't a larger markup with the mk25 as well.

chuckrt

ScubaPro does not sell a Mk16/G250/S600/550/D400/X650 setup for some reason. You can buy the pieces you want separately though. I've heard a few people say that they really like the Mk16...even better than the Mk25. It's a nice reg, and you most likely could not tell the difference between a Mk25 and a Mk16.

ElectricZombie
Good morning. The Mk16 and /s550 were at one time sold as a combo unit at LP. I recently noticed they are "sold out" at this time; however, that wasn't always the case. I can only sumise that this may be something that LP decided to do independant of Scubapro?.?. (combining this particular 1st and 2nd stage).

On a side note, I've noticed that eventhough LP states on their site they are out of something, if you call they may in fact have the item. Just that their site isn't updated as frequently as you may expect.

I bought that combination from them, as a backup, and have had zero problems with it. Even had it as deep as 125' with no problems. So put me in the category of those that like it.

Best Regards
Don Costanza

dcostanza once bubbled...
ElectricZombie
Good morning. The Mk16 and /s550 were at one time sold as a combo unit at LP. I recently noticed they are "sold out" at this time; however, that wasn't always the case. I can only sumise that this may be something that LP decided to do independant of Scubapro?.?. (combining this particular 1st and 2nd stage).

On a side note, I've noticed that eventhough LP states on their site they are out of something, if you call they may in fact have the item. Just that their site isn't updated as frequently as you may expect.

I bought that combination from them, as a backup, and have had zero problems with it. Even had it as deep as 125' with no problems. So put me in the category of those that like it.

Best Regards
Don Costanza

The MK16/S550 are both shown as combos in the 2002 and 2003 Scubapro catalogs.

Sorry, you guys are right. You can get a Mk16/550.

Back
Top Bottom