Southwest coming to Cozumel!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReefHound

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This will be a great opportunity for us to evaluate "the Southwest effect". Critics often dismiss it, saying that other carriers routinely offer lower fares on competing routes. Advocates say this is because Southwest breaks up the monopoly and forces other carriers to compete, bringing down all fares. Here's to hoping the latter is true and we start seeing fares to CZM more in line with fares to CUN.

I've seen this several times before. Fingers crossed it comes through this time. SW is the only airline I will fly by choice anymore.

Jay

I've seen this several times before. Fingers crossed it comes through this time. SW is the only airline I will fly by choice anymore.

Jay

I've never seen it in print with a reference before.

@Sh0rtBus, my guess is that DFW's international terminal might be at capacity or close-to, in which case getting gates and runway times might not be competitive for Southwest as a low-cost airline.

This might be the biggest news to hit Cozumel in awhile.

"Southwest also announced plans to begin flights to Cozumel, Mexico. Pending regulatory approval, flights from Houston to Cozumel will begin in early 2020, the airline said."

Southwest Airlines exiting Newark, adding Hawaii, Cozumel flights
I could not be happier about this! The article doesn't say, but I assume the flights will go in and out of Houston Hobby airport, since it is a Southwest hub-- and not from Bush International (IAH).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom