Southern WI Rescue/Recovery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AmyinWV

Reaction score
If there is anyone here from the Southern Wisconsin area and has any idea of the public safety diver situation there, please read my post in "Great Lakes Wrecking Crew" forum.

Thanks, Amy

AmyinWV:
If there is anyone here from the Southern Wisconsin area and has any idea of the public safety diver situation there, please read my post in "Great Lakes Wrecking Crew" forum.

Thanks, Amy

I'm not but whats up?

Gary D.

Dang, is it me, or do men just never listen to me.

Why in the heck do you have so many incidents there? People drinking or just careless? And don't think that with all the call outs you guys do, that I haven't looked into relocating to your area. Besides, I love Idaho, it's beautiful. But my husband has to choose a relocation facility with the federal gov't, so our choices are limited. The closest one is 2 states from you.

Man, the idea of fridgid ice diving in Wisconsin gives me the chills......I absolutely HATE drysuits (on my last drysuit dive my weight pocket slipped out w/o my knowledge and I shot to the surface from about 40', and hit the surface with such force that I popped about 2' up! I thought I was bent! I learned the importance of keeping your velcro really clean.) I felt so stupid.

Dive Safe, Amy

AmyinWV:
Dang, is it me, or do men just never listen to me.

Why in the heck do you have so many incidents there? People drinking or just careless? And don't think that with all the call outs you guys do, that I haven't looked into relocating to your area. Besides, I love Idaho, it's beautiful. But my husband has to choose a relocation facility with the federal gov't, so our choices are limited. The closest one is 2 states from you.

Man, the idea of fridgid ice diving in Wisconsin gives me the chills......I absolutely HATE drysuits (on my last drysuit dive my weight pocket slipped out w/o my knowledge and I shot to the surface from about 40', and hit the surface with such force that I popped about 2' up! I thought I was bent! I learned the importance of keeping your velcro really clean.) I felt so stupid.

Dive Safe, Amy
"Why in the heck do you have so many incidents there? People drinking or just careless?"
Repeat the above over and over.
More green matter than gray matter.
And more brewski's than brainski's

Ice diving is great. We are actually warmer in the real cold water than the rest of the year. In the winter our problem is to keep from overheating.

On a real busy year we can get in over 200 calls where we will actually get wet and some of them will last several days. The two things we haven't had yet are a loaded school bus going in (been close) and one of the cruse boats sinking with a load. One did sink but it was empty at the time. Made for a cool dive.

When we relocated we had no idea a team would ever be this busy.

Gary D.

Gary, with that many call-outs in a year, when do you have time to do your sheriff duties. Granted, I know that on several call-outs we never even get wet, but that still seems it would be enough to keep you in your wet suit atleast twice a week.

I did not know the lakes up there were so busy. Heck, I live about 300' from the Greenbrier River, and it's rare we have a recovery there. Which is suprising with all the locals swimming in it constantly. We even more rarely have to recover out of one of the other rivers, which is really suprising because they are packed with rafters, especially in the fall. I guess those huge lifejackets (with crotch strap and everything) that the rafting companies strap you into really work.

Dive Safe, Amy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom