Southern Visayas Safari with FIX S90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozziworld

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just got back from Southern Visayas in the Philippines. Here are some photos from that trip.
All taken with a Canon S90 in a FIX S90, 2x INON S2000 strobes, INON UFL165AD Fisheye Lens

120205 Oslob Sumilon Balicasag 63.JPG

Oslob, Cebu Island - Whale Shark feeding in Oslob Cebu - No Strobes

120205 Oslob Sumilon Balicasag 60.JPG

120205 Oslob Sumilon Balicasag 17.JPG

Oslob, Cebu Island - Whale Shark feeding in Oslob Cebu - Seen from the Bottom

120205 Oslob Sumilon Balicasag 46.JPG

120205 Oslob Sumilon Balicasag 29.JPG

Negros Oriental - Sea Fans on a Pier

120205 Oslob Sumilon Balicasag 96.JPG

Balicasag Island - Reef Life

120205 Oslob Sumilon Balicasag 12.JPG

Sumilon Island - Reef Life

120205 Oslob Sumilon Balicasag 134.JPG

Balicasag Island - Reef Life

120205 Oslob Sumilon Balicasag 122.JPG

Balicasag Island

Actually, I feel the encounter would be more meaningful if I did not have the camera gear between me and the whale sharks. however, i dont think it would be easy to just leave the camera in the boat ; )

LOL, that's how I feel with the camera. Always looking through the viewfinder, even though I might be real close to rare encounter with some fish. I have to once in a while look away from the camera and instead at the subject to see how amazing they look in real life.

A 2nd whale shark spot in PI?! This is awesome. Which company did you dive with? I assume they will not allow diving around the sharks as the place becomes more touristy. So... you're very fortunate :) Awesome shots too.

In Oslob, we dove out of a Korean Dive Resort called Jin's Dive. It is right beside the whale shark feeding area. The whale shark feeding is very controversial but it is here to stay. We all just hope that it is eventually beneficial to both the local economy and the whale sharks as well. Meantime, great photo ops! At the moment they do not regulate scuba. They just regulate the use of strobes for no real reason other than they think it may bother the whale sharks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom