Southern Carribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all!

My name is Jerry. Just joined up. Glad to finally be part of the family!

Question: I am doing a two week cruise in the southern Carribbean, and the following are my destinations: Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, Barbados, St Lucia, and Antigua.
I have already booked Bonaire (obviously) but what other two islands should I dive at? Sorry, but it's my wife's birthday, so I have to keep it at a minimum. Otherwise, I'd be diving at EVERY island!

Thanks!
JG

Here's a Quick St. Lucia Trip Report from a cruise ship stop, booking the premium trip with Scuba Steve's. Enjoyed it. On a separate stop, did a rainforest hike with a (cold, surprisingly enough) waterfall; lush jungle, pretty, not much animal life, did stop at a banana plantation.

Can't tell you from 1st hand experience what each destination is like. I've dove Bonaire. The impression I get from what I recall of others reports:

1.) St. Lucia has some good diving. DAN's Alert Diver as an article, Estale, on it.

2.) Barbados seems to get mixed reviews but some people like it.

3.) I hardly hear of anyone diving or endorsing Antigua, but evidently it's done; if you do a forum search on Antigua, you'll see some threads by Bryan Cunningham; it's my understanding he opened a dive facility there this year. Here's a thread on that.

4.) People dive Aruba & Grenada; a Search will turn up threads.

I'd look at the alternative excursions at each. Aruba's got beautiful beaches (as does Barbados). Do you want a 'beach day' on the cruise? Grenada I don't see on many cruise itineraries (granted, I focus on Royal Caribbean); is it really meaningful to say you dove it, and this might be the only chance you get?

If by chance your wife doesn't dive, I've done a catamaran snorkeling trip to dive with sea turtles (baited in) out of Barbados, and that was fun. Did a bus tour in Aruba.

Richard.

Welcome to SB! Be sure to post up updates on your upcoming trips so we can live vicariously through you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom