South Surrey diver looking for a weekend buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frewfrux

New
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place to post this (if not please feel free to move this psst somewhere else) but here's my question: is there any other diver in the White Rock / South Surrey area (BC Canada) looking for a diving buddy?

I am fairly new (19 dives to date) and am looking for a buddy to join me on Saturday morning/evening dives or Sunday afternoon/evening dives (I love night dives).

PM me if interested.

There are a number of dive shops that run dives on weekends. I was diving last Saturday with Ocean Quest and had a good day of diving.

You also might try the Vancouver-Area-Scuba-MeetUpGroup.

Last edited:
Is this where I would keep an eye out for these dives? Typically I need to plan at least a week or two ahead of time; last minute trips don't work well with my schedule.

I would love to join up with the Vancouver-Area-Scuba-MeetUpGroup, but they dive Sunday morning and that's not a time I'm normally available. (If it's the same group I am thinking it is.)

Do dive shops typically charge for these weekend dives, or are they just a kind of informal 'get-together'?

Members on the Vancouver Area Scuba MeetUp Group can suggest dates and locations and see if anyone is available.

Ocean Quest Dive Centre does Saturday dives. I dived with them last Saturday (first time) and was very happy. The only cost was tank rental. The DM picked the dive site and we carpooled there.

I checked websites of other dive shops and found a few others that also do fun dives.

You will meet a lot of divers this way and make buddies to dive with on other days.

I plan to do Ocean Quest fun dive on Sat July 28. Maybe I will see you there.

I'll be at Porteau this Sunday if you want to dive with us. Silver toyota tundra with canopy. trying to be there by 7 to get a good spot closest to the water by the picnic tables. 2 weeks ago it felt like a dive convention there:) will be doing at least 2 dives so if you arrive later you could join us for dive 2 or 3 if we do a third. PM me if you want my phone #

Stuart

Thank you so much for the offer! I tried to work it out, but it looks like this weekend all the SCUBA shops are out of their rentals. :(

The 28th there is a BBQ and used gear sale that I want to head out to. Man, it's just not working out.

I will, however, contact Ocean Quest and ask them about their Saturday excursions. I'm sure something will work out.

I am scheduled to take my night specialty in October, but I'm just itching to get out before then. Must be the weather. Seems to be gettin' everyone out there. :)

Hi,

I just came across your post. I, too am looking for someone to go out diving with at times.

I'm a 49 year old male who just got certified in Goa, India with SSI (Barracuda diving) back in March. Sadly, since that time I have not gone for another dive.

In the process of buying equipment. Have almost everything I "think" I need.

As I work in Alberta (Ft Mac) on a 14/7 day rotation, my off days are predictable.

Back in BC, I stay in Burnaby near Brentwood Mall.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Kevin 604 358 1294

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom