South Siam Dive Report: Bad Equipment + Crowded + Bad Sites = Sad Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Going in August? Oh my.

Can't be hotter than Karachi in August. That was insane.

I'm more worried about the 2 weeks in Bangkok. Thank god for merino wool t-shirts.

Thai diving is only average...only a couple really good sites...Ko Haa, Hin Daeng/Muang, and Ko Lipe. The rest is mostly scuba operator's marketing hype. For great diving try Bali/Indonesia and the Philippines.
I dive at phiphi island three days (7 dives), first dive I saw a white tip and a sea snake, last dive a turtle, the operator (princess divers) is very nice, but they only have half day trip, so the dive site is repeating. (that is not their fault)
due to they have no wreck trip, I choose another dive center, my buddy's tank yoke value o-ring is broken, and SPG oring is leaking under water.
All of SE Asia, including Thailand, is predominantly yoke, but if you're DIN the shop will have an adaptor.
Some tank have dual purpose valve, but they may have no allen wrench to remove the core, so they give me a cressi ac2 set, There is a strange sound like phlegm sucking when inhaling, horrible.

I definitely want to try Master Divers but they haven't responded to numerous emails. Big Blue seems to be the only place willing to do the Bubblemaker so I'll start there and then assess the rest individually. I don't want the big boat but I also like the idea of leaving early and getting back before lunch. Of course this is all speculation and I'll probably just end up with what's easiest.

Six weeks to go and sooooooo excited. This is my first time in the Kingdom and I can't wait to eat ALL the foods.
I’ve used Master Divers a number of times over the years. DJL is another safety driven operation. I used Big Blue years ago and vowed never to go back - 50 plus people on the boat to compensate for low prices.

I’ve used Master Divers a number of times over the years. DJL is another safety driven operation. I used Big Blue years ago and vowed never to go back - 50 plus people on the boat to compensate for low prices.
50?

That's not a dive boat, that's a ferry!

Big Blue is NO exception, all the boats go out for two dives in the morning and then return for lunch. Another two dives in the afternoon and night dive is optional.
April is the hottest time in the Kingdom. I am at southern Thailand at the moment and the weather is NOT too hot.
Two weeks in Bangkok! Why would you want to do that? Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom