South Siam 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iztok

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any recent experience aboard this boat?

Hi iztok,

I have sent many customers on this boat and I haven't had many complaints. During the peak months December thru March, the boat can be very busy, and this is the source of the only complaints I've had. It is however a very nice, well equipped dive boat, with a good crew and food. It is also one of the cheapest ways to go and dive on the Similan Islands. The most unique feature of the boat is the ability for you to go onto the boat for as long as you like, unlike conventional liveaboards. Trips start from 1 day onwards.

I have some more info on my site if you would like to find out more about this boat.

I already booked it for 14th and 15th of November (Saturday and Sunday) so I am good. I was just wondering if I did ok or made a mistake.

I hope I will get a buddy with decent experience. I am not an expert by any stretch of imagination but nor I am just fresh out of OW.

I'm sure you will have a great time, maybe ask the DM on board if you have any concerns about your buddies ability, you will usually be put in a group of 2-5 per DM depending on how busy they are. Have a great time and let us know how the trip went after you get back.

I'm sure you will have a great time, maybe ask the DM on board if you have any concerns about your buddies ability, you will usually be put in a group of 2-5 per DM depending on how busy they are. Have a great time and let us know how the trip went after you get back.

Will do, thanks!

I am looking forward. (I am also checking about potential shore diving nearby JW Marriott in a separate thread.)

Does anyone know if SS3 can fill DIN valve tanks? (bringing my pony bottle)

Does anyone know if SS3 can fill DIN valve tanks? (bringing my pony bottle)

Nice to see you have sorted out the dilemna over the pony bottle. I am not going to tell you how to fill a tank with a din valve, because from our previous discussions it would appear that you know everything already.
But here we are looking at questions again????

Nice to see you have sorted out the dilemna over the pony bottle. I am not going to tell you how to fill a tank with a din valve, because from our previous discussions it would appear that you know everything already.
But here we are looking at questions again????

Sure I can fill it from another tank if I get and bring with me another part that is not essential if SS3 has the ability to fill it. (Tank crossover connector to fill off another tank.)

But thanks for the attitude. Apparently we are both sitting here and wondering why the other person has a smart-alec attitude. Not talking in person and just reading from the post here I guess that is sometimes understandable. But holding the grudge... oh man, that is something I don't understand.

And for the answer for everyone else that might read this thread after us and wonder the same thing.

SS3 has the ability to fill the DIN tanks. They do have yoke tanks one is diving and they also rent DIN-Yoke converters as well for those with DIN regulators.

Sure I can fill it from another tank if I get and bring with me another part that is not essential if SS3 has the ability to fill it. (Tank crossover connector to fill off another tank.)

But thanks for the attitude. Apparently we are both sitting here and wondering why the other person has a smart-alec attitude. Not talking in person and just reading from the post here I guess that is sometimes understandable. But holding the grudge... oh man, that is something I don't understand.

And for the answer for everyone else that might read this thread after us and wonder the same thing.

SS3 has the ability to fill the DIN tanks. They do have yoke tanks one is diving and they also rent DIN-Yoke converters as well for those with DIN regulators.

See, I thought you new the answers all along. :)

See, I thought you new the answers all along. :)

Well since I didn't get the answer I also checked with South Siam. Reason asking is that people might know bit more from real experience compared to what operator is claiming.

Back
Top Bottom