South Kona Dive Video - Two Step, Miloli'i, Pebble, Kee'i & Hookena

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grantwiscour

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
South Kona Dive Video - Two Step, Miloli'i, Pebble, Kee'i & Hookena

We had big fun diving the South Kona spots with Garry Russell this summer.
Shore diving with just the three of us was exceptional...hard to get any better.

Enjoy the video.

Fun stuff, gosh I miss that place. What did you think of Miloli'i? I've driven through a few times but was never sure where the good spots for access and diving might be.

Fun stuff, gosh I miss that place. What did you think of Miloli'i? I've driven through a few times but was never sure where the good spots for access and diving might be.

We enjoyed diving Miloli'i and all the spots. Pretty easy entrance once you see it. At the northernmost part of the neighborhood is a rock parking area. Straight off from the parking area are some giant boulders in the water. There is a walkway and some crude stairs...easy enough to traverse but best to carry your gear to that point and set up there.

There is a pool type ladder to get in the water or just jump in. You can go any direction but typically we went out to the south of the boulder island and headed towards the drop off...then veered south along the reef until turning back. Straight west into the deep provides hammerhead sightings sometimes but not for us. A long surface swim north around the bend will put you at Papa Bay and more great diving.

The topography in the area is very cool...giant rock plates, boulders, pebbles...varied and interesting.

We were there this past January and the water was too rough for us at Miloli'i but summertime and the diving was easy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom