South Ari Atoll inhabited islands in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thirdpig

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am really struggling to choose the best location for our first Maldives trip next month ( I know, I've been too busy lately!) We want the price point of an inhabited island and are thinking South Ari as whale sharks have alluded us so far and that's the best chance of seeing one in April. The islands I hear the most about are Dhigura (Dhigura Retreat Beach) and Dangethi (Male Boutique Inn). Also Hangnameedhoo (Ocean Beach inn). There is very little information on how the islands compare both under and above water.

Some of the posts on trip advisor lament the dead coral. If other parts of the Maldives were spared the bleaching by el nino and warmer waters, we would consider choosing a different atoll. Can anyone comment?

Finally, access to a bikini beach for the teenager in our group (I think they all have that although some may be nicer than others), and to flats for bonefish and giant trevale sport fishing are desired.

I really appreciate any experiences you can share, especially within the last couple of years since coral changes. Julie in Virginia

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom