Source for strobe, arms, etc....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blom

Reaction score
Hi all,

If you'd rather I started a new thread for this just let me know...

I'm in the middle of ordering a Olympus C-5050 as well, and will probably get the PT-015 at the same time, because the supplier of the camera has it available for a reasonable price.

My question however, is, once I've decided on the strobe/arm/cables etc. that I think I'd like, where on earth is the best place to source this stuff?!?!?

I'm from little old New Zealand so walking into a shop isn't really an option, online is going to be the only way to go.

underwaterdigital.net seem to have all the gear that I would like, but they seem quite expensive. My reasoning behind this statement is purely the fact that I've compared their price for the PT-015 to the place that I'm getting it from (20% diff)

Cheers...

I split your post and started a new thread for you. :)

Online is the best place but do your homework and buy from reputable places, not necessarily the cheapest source.

Underwaterdigital.com has been out of touch for 8-9 months. I know at one time he had to take some time away from his business for his mother's illness. Allan still has his website up but he isn't returning emails, phone calls or responding in any way. So I have stopped recommending him.

Ryan at Underwater Camera Pro carries a wide range of strobes and arm systems for good prices. He also has great service.

Being in New Zealand, you might want to look at UWDigital Camera They get alot of good recommendations. The shipping from Japan to the States is the only thing keeping me from using them.

Good luck.

Thanks for the pointers Dee! :)

I'm quite surprised how difficult (relatively) this stuff has been really, must be one of the few fields that didn't get covered by some .com outfit.

Off to carry on shopping...

Thanks again!

You might also want to try http://www.seaoptic.com/ as they are based in Adelaide, so imagine that the shipping we not be too much down to NZ.

Simon

Yeah, thanks for that Simon, I forgot to mention them. They seemed to just stop responding to emails as well, otherwise I would still be dealing with them.

Cheers.

:)

Blom, I live in Sydney and it's eaually hard getting good service (and prices) for UWP gear. I recommend UWP gear from Yuzo at uwdigital.com or Ryan at uwcp.com - goods of Japanese origin from Yuzo and US from Ryan.
In Australia Seaoptics sell Inon and Ultralight gear (I've personally never dealt with them before). Cape Byron Imports distribute Ikelite products but I wasn't too impressed with them. You can also buy Ultralight arms directly from Terry at Ultralight but if you're looking for a strobe package I think Ryan will be able to help you out better.

HTH

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom