Source for Neoprene

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Maybe I'm blind or my google-fu is lacking... does anyone have a good source for neoprene, I need a few yards of 3-7mm with the smoothskin on one side.

Reactions: OTF
Maybe search for "online fabric store." Joann, mentioned above, is one, and I know there are several that carry neoprene. I wish I could recall the name of the one I ordered from. I'm sure there's a Canadian option so you can avoid import duty.

When Seattel Fabrics was allowing walk-ins, it was a great shop to just browse. They had webbing, clips, all the other accessories aside from a lot of very cool fabrics that your local craft/fabric store wouldn't have.

There is a significant range in the quality of neoprene these days. I wouldn't think you could get the good stuff from general fabric retailers, but who knows.

I would be interested to know if anyone has a good source for the high end or eco-friendly stuff in a range of options (thickness, color, open vs. closed cell).

One thing you could try is reaching out to the smaller companies that do custom suits and ask to buy some from them, or maybe they'll share their source.

When Seattel Fabrics was allowing walk-ins, it was a great shop to just browse. They had webbing, clips, all the other accessories aside from a lot of very cool fabrics that your local craft/fabric store wouldn't have.
You can walk in again, I did maybe a year ago

You can walk in again, I did maybe a year ago
That's good news, the website still says no walk ins, wasn't sure if they maybe made that policy permanent, which would have been sad. Somtimes you don't know exactly what you want, so it's nice to be able to look at and touch the material, which is why I try to support local business. When I'm limited to online only I start shopping by price.

Back
Top Bottom