Source for acrylic cylinders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kb2ehj

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anybody know a source for acrylic cylinders sutable for a canister light?

Thanks

Mark

Thanks for the info. I'd seen this page and company referenced before for other things but didn't think they had the cylinders.

Mark

If it's plastics you want, you really ought to go to TAP Plastics - www.tapplastics.com. They've got a bunch of west coast retail locations which are great for browsing, as well as the instant gratification of not having to wait for the parts. They also usually have a "scrap bin," with offcuts of sheets and tubes, and it's billed by the pound...usually $1/lb or so. I've been able to do entire projects from their scrap bin for $5 or less, if I'm patient.

Acrylic is pretty brittle and fragile stuff. I've seen the older acrylic can lights cracked easily and often - and had it happen to me once. It makes a good lid, but there are better materials for the battery compartment - ABS pipe and Delrin rod are a lot more resilient to bumps, and even schedule 80 PVC seems to hold up better than acrylic tubing.

Thanks for the info folks.

Happy Holidays!!!!

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom