"SOUND" hospitality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I had originally posted this on one of the old threads that had been started before our visit but I wasn't sure who was still subscribing to those threads so I copied it into this new thread to be sure that everyone was properly thanked.

Hey all,

We made it back to WV this evening without any problems.

Just wanted to take a moment to send out a BIG thanks to all those who helped get the dive together and all those who were able to attend. Everyone we met was very nice and very fun. The diving was spectacular as was the marine life.

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you and your friends Penopolypants. I didn't even realize you were there till after we left. There were a lot of people there and we must have just missed each other.

I also would have liked to have met NWGratefuldiver (Bob) but maybe next time. If I make it back out that way again it will be strictly a diving vacation and I will be able to meet more of you.

True I never saw the octo but I did get to see two of them at the aquarium so that was a treat and almost as good.

The water temps were lower than I am used to but the dry suit did it's job and I thought the vis was really good.

Thanks to Lynne and Peter for taking us out to dinner. Salty's was a good choice and we really enjoyed ourselves. It was good to see where cove 1 and 2 are even though we didn't get to dive them, at least I will know where it is when I see your posts about them.

A special thanks goes out to DoubleDip (Kirk) for hauling me around all day Sunday to and from the dive shop and dive site from my hotel and for the great pics and for being my dive partner.

All in all I had a great week in Seattle and can't wait to go back.

I finally got to look at the pics that Kirk took and they are really really good. They are of professional quality. We all know color is lost, to the naked eye, even at shallow depths but after viewing good pics of what I actually saw and seeing their full colors it's easy to see how one could get heavily involved in underwater photography.

Keep taking those pics bud, they're great. I have always had these little cheap cameras that take bad pics at best. After seeing your pics and comparing them to mine I think it would be worth the money to invest in a decent camera.

Thanks guys it was great meeting you all and if you're ever in my area I will return the favor.

Back
Top Bottom