Sopras drysuits? Any info/experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KiltedOne

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
http://a.co/calcekV

Noticed these surprisingly economically priced drysuits on Amazon but finding very little info about them.
Mostly sales pages on Amazon and a few YouTube vids.

Anyone tried these or know much about them?

Last edited:
I bought one from Dixie Divers about a year and a half ago. I live in southern California where eveyever wear DUI. The quality is the same. These really are great suits. The price is crazy good. I definitely recommend it. That mine. Black and red up front. Over a hundred dive on it and no problems at all.
16439.jpeg

I’m having issues with the size chart. Did yours run big or small? I’m 5,8 at 195lbs but the xl seems like the better fit but a bit tall for me. I’m a size 10 boot to. Just don’t want a drysuit that’s to big. Any help would be appreciated

I bought one from Dixie Divers about a year and a half ago. I live in southern California where eveyever wear DUI. The quality is the same. These really are great suits. The price is crazy good. I definitely recommend it. That mine. Black and red up front. Over a hundred dive on it and no problems at all.View attachment 451419
I’m having issues with the size chart. Did yours run big or small? I’m 5,8 at 195lbs but the xl seems like the better fit but a bit tall for me. I’m a size 10 boot to. Just don’t want a drysuit that’s to big. Any help would be appreciated

I live next to Dixie divers and actually checked one out yesterday. I'm 5'10" about 190 and a medium fit me sort of.... and fit my size 10 foot. The thighs were very fat and the legs were 2 or 3 inches too long. I generally fit off the shelf suits.

I live next to Dixie divers and actually checked one out yesterday. I'm 5'10" about 190 and a medium fit me sort of.... and fit my size 10 foot. The thighs were very fat and the legs were 2 or 3 inches too long. I generally fit off the shelf suits.
That is great info, if you don’t mind me asking what is your chest size and waist size? Did you have enough room for undergarments?

My waist is a 36. As far as my chest I have no idea.... I most certainly could've fit undergarments under the suit. It was a nice quality looking suit. Only bad thing is the staff doesn't know anything about drysuits and they cant do any modifications or customizations. What you see is what you get. I still may buy one. The owners will haggle with cash money .

My waist is a 36. As far as my chest I have no idea.... I most certainly could've fit undergarments under the suit. It was a nice quality looking suit. Only bad thing is the staff doesn't know anything about drysuits and they cant do any modifications or customizations. What you see is what you get. I still may buy one. The owners will haggle with cash money .
Yeah, I can understand that. I called them today to talk about it and he pretty much told me it’s up to me lol? I just don’t want to buy a suit that’s to small. Did you have more room around the waist? Or was it snug? And the height was good?
Did you squat down with it on to get the air out? I’m just nervous if I should go with a large

The legs were a touch long for me and the thighs we're cut a little wide. I don't have little thighs either... That being said, everything else felt good. The boots run about a size big. The medium had 9 boots and my 10.5 fit with a little room for thick socks. If I get one I'll need gaiters but other than that for the price it's good. They have all sizes in stock at the store.

The legs were a touch long for me and the thighs we're cut a little wide. I don't have little thighs either... That being said, everything else felt good. The boots run about a size big. The medium had 9 boots and my 10.5 fit with a little room for thick socks. If I get one I'll need gaiters but other than that for the price it's good. They have all sizes in stock at the store.
Just for your info they have them on amazon for 699 and they come with the undergarments. See if they can hook you up in the store lol. Thanks for the info. Sounds like the medium is the way for me to go

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom