Soon to be certified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaangel

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to these boards and still new to diving. So new that I haven't completed my OW certification. I will be this weekend though. I have had many questions and many obstacles the past 7 weeks, even wondered why I was doing this, but I love the water and have always wanted to be a mermaid, LOL. I look forward to meeting with fellow divers and others here on the boards.D

HI SeaAngel,
Welcome to the Scuba Boards. And to the wonderful world underwater.
You sound like a natural. Since most of us women always wanted to be mermaids, you fit right in. There are lots of informative people on the board. Don't hesitate to ask questions.
:sunny:

hey seaangel,

I know how you feel.

I just finished my required dives this past weekend, and now all i have to do is buy my own gear, and wait for my card!

I am in southern california, and I was told by my instructor, that if i can master the west pacific, then I can do anything!

Its a tough sport, but well worth the effort. I can't even explain how it felt to have a sea-lion arms reach staring back at me in 35 ft. water. =) You'll have to sea it to believe it..(i know, bad joke!)

Hope to read more about your dives.

Regards,

Paul

Welcome Sea-angel and best of luck for your certification. You're entering a whole new dimension and we're all here to hear your stories and help with your questions (not that I'm in a position to because I just certified a month ago, but there are LOTS of extremely helpful and friendly people on these boards!).

Good luck - ENJOY....

Welcome to the board. The experience level here ranges from none to very extensive and all are more than willing to answer questions. Ask away.

It'll be worth it.The purpose of the training is not just to teach us what to do,but it should also teach us our own limits.Very few people just breeze through the training without 1 or more problems,so you are amongst the rest of us.Because the water is not our natural element we need to learn not to take chances.It's the people who go beyond their confidence and training and natural limits who generally get into trouble.My advice is to really enjoy the weekend.Relax as much as possible.Share any concerns with your instructors and ask for support if you need it.If your fellow students are worth their salt then they will rally around you and encourage you. When we are nervous all our problems seem like giants,but that's only in our heads.When I teach my students,I try to get them to recognise when they need to ask for help and not be 'Action Man' or 'Wonder Woman'. You will do fine.I'm sure about it.
Remember,It's supposed to be fun.
I'm only repeating what all the other great people on this site will say which is Welcome,welcome,welome to this "Fraternite'" of Goggle-eyes.
Have a great time this weekend.
Cheers Big Ears,
From the Gasman.

Seaangel - a very warm welcome from way north of you. You'll not only have a blast diving, you'll also have a great time here during your surface intervals.

LilmanHSU (Paul)- hmmmm handle anything? Can I introduce you to diving in Canada? We might just have a few things here that just may give you a few more challenges. The big one is -- can you say cold?

Hello SeaAngel, nice name... welcome to the family!

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

Back
Top Bottom