Sony V1/V3 Housings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

haley

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Canon 10D and a Sony V1. I'm buying a Sony V3 next month and keeping the V1 as a backup. I was checking out underwater housings for my upcoming cruise (I'll be getting my certification before heading out), and the 10D housings are SO expensive...and I'm just not comfortable with my nicest camera being underwater at the moment. I was looking around and found some housings for the V1 and one for the V3 (both about 6-700$). Has anyone used these cameras or know of specific places I can get a housing for either? I'm also toying with the idea of renting one for two weeks...is that feasible (possible even)?

Also, I'm wondering what I'd have to do about flash/strobe/whatever. Any info concerning that would be greatly appreciated since I'm new to all of this. Thanks!

Ikelite makes a nice V1 housing. But you will need a strobe. The internal strobe is useless while housed. The cost of a housing and strobe will set you back over $1200.00.

I am not aware of any rental housing for the V1/V3. You can still rent Sea and Sea motor marine (a very nice camera with strobe) at reasonable prices.

haley:
I have a Canon 10D and a Sony V1. I'm buying a Sony V3 next month and keeping the V1 as a backup. I was checking out underwater housings for my upcoming cruise (I'll be getting my certification before heading out), and the 10D housings are SO expensive...and I'm just not comfortable with my nicest camera being underwater at the moment. I was looking around and found some housings for the V1 and one for the V3 (both about 6-700$). Has anyone used these cameras or know of specific places I can get a housing for either? I'm also toying with the idea of renting one for two weeks...is that feasible (possible even)?

Also, I'm wondering what I'd have to do about flash/strobe/whatever. Any info concerning that would be greatly appreciated since I'm new to all of this. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom