Sony RX100 ii first pictures with Nauticam housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ldwill299

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I recently purchased a Sony RX100 ii with a Nauticam housing after reading many good reviews about the original RX100 on this site. Here is the first set of photos I have taken with it on a diving holiday in the Maldives. No external strobes were used, just the camera and the housing. Some of the photos were taken with the UWL-04 wet lens as well. Maldives 2013 - a set on Flickr

Thanks! They were shot in Manual mode with auto white balance, followed by a bit of post processing in Lightroom.

Do you happen to have the Sony stick-on AG-R1 grip? The RX body is very slippery. The grip is great, but I'm sure it'll have to be removed for any underwater housing. There's a company that makes base grips (screw into the tripod hole), but they only made one for the Mark I, and it blocks the battery/SD door.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

these are nice photos. How did you light the photos since you didn't use a strobe?

If you look at the exif the internal strobe fired on the shots so maybe he had a diffuser together with clear water that produces decent results
The rest can be corrected in post over RAW shots

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom