Sony PC1000 and the Macintosh?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2OPhotoPro:
I have used the PC1000 and set up numerous customers with this camera who are mac users, almost all of whom are using iMovie and we have never encountered any problems with the upload. I think thet compatibility issue is Sony's software itself, but the camers are perfectly fine

Do you rent a housing for the VX-2000? I can rent the Ikelite from Hollywood Studio Rental, but they don't carry lights.

Thanks

Thanks Sharkie,

I have seen video shot with an older 3 chip camera... without lights and with filter that was good enough for guests. Its also one of the reasions I'm hoping to see clips taken with this particular camera underwater. My thinking had to do with a system that was easily handeled and bullet proof (also cost).

Most of the stuff I'll be shooting will be at depths no greater than 60 feet in clear well lit water.

I guess it will depend on the guests. If the quality isnot there they wont buy. If they dont buy then I'll look at lights.

In truth this is a leaning curve for me. I have done some still shooting but no video so far... beyond the 30 sec clips my still camera will do.

Tollie:
Hi,

and so many thanks for your posts.

If you have clips (Joe?) taken with the PC1000 I'd love to see them. I'm planning on shooting without lights but using a blue water filter. The clarity of the water here is high (100 - 200 feet) and I'll be shooting at recreational depths.

I'm hoping to produce trip videos for guests on our dive boat.

I will get some to you ASAP. Hopefully tonight!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom