sony mavica cd200 setting hints anyone?...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Birdman

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Sony Mavica CD-200 with an Ikelite housing and a Ikelite DS-50 strobe and TTL slave sensor.

I would appreciate if anyone with experience with a Sony Mavica could share their experience with the settings they use.

I have results now from two trips, and I must say they have not been what I have been hoping for, althougth there are some shots I will keep.

Anyhow I would like to try to benefit from others' experiences, if possible.

Thanks

I'm interested as well. I have the 400 and I have been tossing around the idea of getting a housing for it.

What have been your experiences with it? What don't you like?

TwoBit

My experience with the setup is positive in the sense that I do have pictures that I will keep from my first two outings. The not so positive side is that I wish more pics turned out, but there has to be a long learning curve I would imagine. The Ikelite housing is a tank, all the controls work perfectly, and it handles beautifully underwater.

Some of the things that I am trying to work through are that the strobe without a diffuser my first time out tended to towards over exposure. My second time out when I put the diffuser on, now leads to the under-exposure side of the spectrum on many shots. The comparison is not perfect since my first time out I had the TTL sensitivity set on min and pointed towards the internal flash in a forwards direction. The second time out I had the TTL sens. on max and pointed thirty degrees or so to the rear (something I picked up from a thread on digitaldiver.net). I have also read that preflash saps the power from the strobe sufficiently that it will be underpowered with a diffuser in place. There is a manual controller that Ikelite sells, and I am tempted to use that since its much cheaper than another strobe so I can keep using the diffuser. But like I say I am completely new at this, and I don't even know for a fact that the cd200 uses a preflash; I just read somewhere that most digitals do. I also opted for iso 400 rather than auto for my second outing where as I left it on auto the first go round. Occasionally on macro close ups some shadows appear green.

Back
Top Bottom