sony mavica cd-400

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the CD200 in an ikelite housing. I like the housing, it has nice balance underwater.

how is the picture quality and what kind of housing are you using adn where did you get it

Ikelite is one of the major housing companies. They make a housing for just about everthing. Just go to their web page and follow links to your camera type. Here is the URL for the CD400 http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/cd400sony.html

Picture quality is a tough one. Cannot disentagle at this point my bad technique vs. the camera as I haven't been doing it long.

I own a CD-300 and a CD-1000 and have been happy with both, although there are occasional problems with the disks slipping during writing which often destroys them - be sure to back up the disk frequently. I don't take either of them underwater.

I looked at a housing for my 300 some time back and found that the Ikelite housing cost nearly $1000, for less than $1200 you can buy an Oly 5060 + housing, which seems like a better camera and a way better deal.

Back
Top Bottom